Friday, February 3, 2012

Princess Grace

Princess Grace by Mary Hoffman, illustrations by Cornelius Van Wright and Ying-Hwa Hu
no awards that I'm aware of

I love this story because I live with a "princess" and I'm always trying to find ways of balancing her interest in princesses and princess stuff with other messages that add up to an empowered self concept!

This book has a great message about princesses actually being more than the disney version.

Grace is featured in other books by Mary Hoffman and is a spunky African American girl. Hmmmm, actually Mary Hoffman is from England, so "African British"????? I don't know the term!

Anyhow, I recommend the Grace books in general. And if you're in need of a "princess antidote" at your house, this is a good pick!

No comments:

Post a Comment