Friday, October 7, 2011

A Project Revived!

A while ago, when my older kid Jabu (now 10) was little and my younger kid Makayla (now 6) had not yet arrived I was endeavoring to read all the Newbery Award winning books. It was FUN FUN FUN. And I would write little book reports to a small list of people (by email) telling my impressions of these books.

Lately I've been feeling a need for more FUN in my life, PLUS, my older kid is now old enough to ENJOY these books with me! So, I've decided to revive this project. And it made sense to me to put it in a blog so that folks could access the old book reports not matter when they joined the conversation. I'm not an experienced blogger, so bear with me as I figure it out!

I discovered that I had SAVED the book reports (at least some of them) from my first go round, so I am going to post them here as a starting point, and then continue!

Also, I've decided to branch out a little and include other award winning books, Caldecott award winners and Coretta Scott King awards as well.

If YOU would like read and report on books you have read, or just comment on my "book reports", please join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment